Have you ever wondered how you can remove the dates on your WordPress posts?
In this post i am going to show you how you can remove the dates from your WordPress Post url and the benefits of doing so.
The default WordPress website normally comes with dates in its links and in this post i am going to show you how you can modify it.
Steps; How to remove date from WordPress url.
- Go to Settings > Permalinks and You will see the common settings section.
- Scroll down and click on Post Name.
- Scroll Down and click on Save Changes.
That’s all now your posts should only contain the post name without any dates that makes it look awful.
Benefits of changing your WordPress permalinks.
- SEO (Search engine optimization); Friendly permalinks are SEO friendly, it makes it easy for search engines such as Google, Bing, Yandex and the rest to index your content and understand what its all about, longer post links hardly rank because its bulky.
- Readability; it makes the post links readable and easy to understand. normally when a user makes a search on google the first thing they look at is the SEO title and then the link, but for sites that are having dates all the user will see first is the date and if he or she doesn’t see the keyword in the link they may probably not click on your article.